How flexographic press works?
Flexographic printing press uses fluid ink with strong fluidity. The ink is transferred to the graphic part of the printing plate and inked by the ink bucket rubber roller and the anilox ink transfer roller, and then the printing pressure is applied by the roller to transfer the ink on the printing plate to the substrate, and finally the printing process is completed through the drying surface.
Classification of flexographic press
The printing part is the core of flexographic press. The arrangement of the printing part directly affects the operation performance, printing quality, printing speed and printing scope. According to the arrangement of printing parts, flexographic presses can be divided into three types: cascade type, satellite type and unit type.
1.Cascade flexographic press
Cascade flexographic press is sometimes called the stacking flexographic press. The independent printing units are stacked up and down, arranged at one end or both ends of the main wall panel of the printing press, or various color printing units are installed on the frame. Each printing unit is rotated by a gear mounted on the main wall panel. The cascade mimeograph can print 1-8 colors, but usually 6 colors.
2.Satellite flexographic press
Satellite flexographic press, sometimes become a common impression cylinder flexographic press. Each printing unit is arranged between two wallboards around a common impression roller. The substrate is used for color printing around the common impression cylinder. Because the gear is directly driven, so whether it is paper or film, even if there is no special control device, it can still overprint very accurately, and the printing process is stable, so it is often used to print color products. It has been predicted that satellite flexo printing will be the new mainstream of flexo printing in the 21st century.
3.Unit flexographic press
The unit flexographic press is composed of linear flexographic press and printing units which are 4-8 independent and horizontally arranged and driven by a common power shaft. Unit flexographic press only supports one printing unit for each pair of plates, so the unit flexographic press can be designed for different drum surfaces.
advantages of flexographic press:
In addition to the technological breakthrough on the plate and ink, the characteristics of flexographic printing machine are the important reasons for attracting users.
1. The machine is simple in structure, so it is easy to operate and easy to maintain. The price of flexographic printing machines with the same function is about 30-50% of offset or gravure printing machines.
2. The material is adaptable, and the printing effect can be obtained from 0.22mm plastic film to the corrugated board after 10 mm.
3. The printing force is small, about 19.6-39.2n/ square centimeter, especially for printing materials such as corrugated paper which can not bear too much pressure.
4. The main reason for the low printing cost is that the machine price is low, the plate making cost is low, the paper loss rate is low in the printing process, and the production cost is 30-50% cheaper than that of gravure printing.
5. Good quality of prints. The system of ink transmission with short ink path of the mesh ink roller can not only simplify the structure of the ink conveying system, but also realize the quantitative control of film thickness. The breakthrough in high performance photosensitive resin plate technology greatly improves the resolution and reproducibility of the printing plate (up to 1-95%). Flexographic printing can achieve 300 lines / inch color level printing, printing effect can be compared with offset printing and gravure printing.